Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blogs and Journals

Even though there are people out there who treat them as such Blogs are not public journals, or diaries.  They have similarities but they are hardly the same thing.  For starters they are a completely different type of forum.  Typically a journal, and especially a diary, is private.  That doesn’t mean people can’t share personal bits of their lives on blogs.  Blogs are not private.  Most bloggers that I’ve read put quite a bit of themselves out in the open.  Kudos for them.  I’ve noticed that they are a good way to start very healthy, fun, public discussions.  And I think personally that writing a blog can be a lot more fun that attempting to record your life on private paper.

Recently however, I got a journal.  I’ve wanted and needed a place to write down my personal thoughts, especially things that I can’t or don’t want to share.  I also want the hard copy.  My mom still has her journals from when she was about my age and they are definitely something to cherish.  I’d like to think that my journal is for me and maybe my family.  My blog is also for me.  But it’s also for everyone out there who stumbles across it.  They’re both awesome and have their place in my opinion.  I look forward to trying to keep semi-regular use of both of them.

The leather is really soft =3

When I created this blog I named it “My Own Blog… Take That!”  I kinda liked that the WORD for the first part turns it into “MOB… Take That!”  I come from a family with a history of proud non conformist.  I planned to do with this whatever I wanted as I was inspired to do because I wanted to and for no other reason.  I still intend to do this.  I’m not a great writer.  This has most likely been stated somewhere before, but my sister is the wonderful writer.  So I never expect to make money or become popular or win awards through this.

Then I got an email.  I kinda skimmed it.  But from what it sounded like I was getting offered money to post stuff (most likely adds) on my blog for my community.  It also stated that it is my job to find out what interest my community and to address it!  Or something like that.

Now I won’t lie.  A little money would be nice.  But like I said.  I’m not a great writer.  And they clearly didn’t read the first post about this being MY blog for ME.  As selfish as that may sound it’s true.  It is not my job at the moment to write what will please others around me.  Especially when all my time is taken up being a student and trying to become a ballerina.  Maaaaybe I’ll go hunt that email back up and read it carefully.  Look into it a little more.  But I’m not so sure I want to.  Even though I now have my own personal journal, this is still mine and my forum to do with as I please.  Isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment