Friday, August 19, 2011

The Garden Apartment

When I first started this blog (originally called ‘My Own Blog… Take that!’ M.O.B. For short.  I rather liked the irony of ‘joining the mob but keeping my individuality’ to bad it really was an online journal no matter how much I tried to say it wasn’t and just wasn’t working)  I knew a little bit about writing and absolutely nothing about blogging.  I probably still don’t really know that much, but I’m learning as I go along.  Most of my original post were about, well, blogging. The posts I was writing were really for my own personal processing.  This one kind of is too.

But that will change.

For one, I now have a theme.

Out of all of my hobbies and activities; ballet, writing, drawing, gardening, gaming, hiking, running, other physical activities, reading, school, comics, etcetera, etcetera; gardening is the one I think I really want to share with the blogging community.  Now, I don’t actually have a garden of my own.  I live in an apartment with my boyfriend along the beautiful Wasatch front.  I cheat by helping my Mom with her gorgeous yard but it isn’t the same as tending a place I can call my own.

Here’s what you can expect from me in the future.

Container garden: planters, ideas, what I’m trying and what is and isn’t working.
House plants: kinda the same thing as with the planters only inside.
Bonsai: this is my newest hobby that I’m looking forward to exploring and sharing with you.
There will also be the occasional post about my Mom’s garden, the wild life on my hikes, and heaven only knows what else.

It should be fun!  Thanks for reading and I hope you find something you can enjoy here.  Feel free to send me any tips or fun things you come across.  I hope you can learn from my mistakes.  I’m really a novice at both gardening and blogging but what’s life in not a learning experience?

2 comments:

  1. Hi;
    Sorry I haven't visited you for awhile. (Summer and such..) And, now I see that you are struggling with a theme, which I totally understand. And, that might change in the future, though you've certainly landed on a interesting one for the present. :))

    Here's the truly wonderful thing about blogging: blog a little, blog alot, it doesn't really matter. It has a wonderful way of connecting like-minded people. And, we never would have met, were it not for the blogosphere.

    I value your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, and from what I can tell your summer was wonderfully busy.

    Even though I have yet to meet you in person I've enjoyed your blog and feel I've made a wonderful connection and value your friendship too. ^_^ It's probably part of why I decided to blog about gardening, I want to meet more people like you through the blogoshpere.

    We'll see how this one goes. So far I'm liking it

    ReplyDelete