Sunday, November 13, 2011

Adventure!

My apartment doesn't have a garden but it makes up for it by being so close to the mountains that I love.


Last week my sister and I took the dogs and went up to explore one of the numerous trails found around Rainbow Gardens at the mouth of the canyon.  And boy was it a treat!

We found a beautiful little green valley that had a natural hot spring!


Jen was the one who noticed that the water was steaming in the chilly mountain air.  So, I went over and held my hand above it and then stuck my fingers in the clean water.  For some perspective, in the shade our breath was starting to show and there were still patches of snow on the ground from the first snow fall.  The spring was the perfect foot bath temperature.  It was hot without being scalding.  I had only expect it to be lukewarm at best since it was just a tiny pool.  Such a fun discovery. :)

And the dogs had a blast running free all over the place.


Just look at that handsome boy.

I can't wait for spring.  There were some cacti growing just outside of this little valley and I just know their going to be gorgeous when they bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment