Monday, November 14, 2011

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day


I'm rather happy with what's growing this November at my apartment.  Inside there is only a single orchid bloom.  Surprisingly it's the outside were all the flowers are; despite freezing nights and snow.









When I first planted a pretty little mum in my planter it was still to hot and all the blooms turned yellow and died.  But now that the temperatures have cooled off it's got a couple of buds ready to open.


My biggest payoff right now is my rescue flowers.  Come the end of summer all the annuals were going on sale.  This was about the time my vegetables had kicked the bucket and I had a bucket of empty dirt to fill.  So I rescued plants from Wallies World and my local nursery, who was trying to desperately to find homes for their little beauties.  If I remember correctly most of the stuff was around 80% off and buy one get one free on top of that.



So now I have purple and white verbena and alyssum making my patio all pretty.  The alyssum, which came from Walmart, were pretty sad looking when I got them.  Now look at them! *beams*

And on a side note.  Having now participated in my first Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day I feel like an official garden blogger.  For more happy blooms go on ahead to May Dreams Gardens.

7 comments:

  1. I am a huge rescuer of plants. You scored big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a plant rescuer, too. And I spent the first 23 years of my life in apartments (first in NYC then in Tampa, FL). Only one orchid flower? One more than I have! I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some lovely blooms occurring for you. Congrats on the nice rescues. :)
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers. Gorgeous photos. You have a real talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love those end-of-season sales! Love the purple Verbena...will always be one of my faves :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yay! Thank you all for the awesome comments.

    I only discovered Verbena about a year ago but I really like them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you


    Garden Apartments

    ReplyDelete